World of Books Australia Policies
If you do not want us to collect, use and/or transfer your personal information in this way then you should (depending on what it is you object to) cease to access and use this Website and (if applicable) ask for your registration as a Registered Customer to be deleted.
What we mean by personal information
Personal information that we collect
Your “Record” constitutes the information we collect:
- via the “Create an Account” page if you register as a Registered Customer comprising various details about you, including your name, email address, billing address and shipping addresses, your preferences as to whether you wish to receive our newsletter and any other information you may supply as part of your registration to be a Registered User.
- when you submit an order to us, details of that order and all previous orders are stored on your “Account Dashboard”.
- if you submit a review to us, we will review it in accordance with our policy and if we consider it appropriate will publish it next to the product and also store it on your Account.
- when you store other information on your Account, for example your wishlist, your tags, your recurring profiles, your product reviews and any downloadable products. From time to time we may also provide the facilities for you to provide additional information through your account, although there will be no obligation on you to provide this additional information.
- using session cookies to store information about your current session. These cookies are deleted when you leave this Website and close your browser. If you wish you can alter your browser settings so that it does not accept our cookies. However, the cookies used on this website allow you to use some essential features, for example if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to add items to your basket and proceed to checkout and therefore we recommend that you leave them turned on.
- automatically, that is given by your browser as you surf the internet - data such as the time you access the Website, how long you access it for and so forth. We will only use this information to enhance your shopping experience and we will not pass it on in any way.
- if you contact us with a problem or requesting a refund we will keep a record of our dealings with you. Details of any refund will also be available to a Registered User through the Account Dashboard.
We do not store credit card details. Payment for any orders you make is made via Paypal, a third party payment service provider.
Uses and Disclosures of your Record
Protecting your privacy is very important to us at World of Books. We will only collect personal information that is important to your shopping experience, and information that you freely submit to us. With the exception of those situations set out below, we do not share, exchange, sell or give your Record to any third party, for any reason.
We reserve the right to give your personal information to a third party without your consent where:
- the disclosure is required by law, such as where there is a court order, or statutory obligation requiring us to make such a disclosure; and/or
- we believe that such disclosure is necessary in order to assist in the prevention or detection of any criminal action (including fraud) or is otherwise in the overriding public interest, and is permitted by law.
If you register and/or sign up for our newsletter, we may contact you by email with special offers, we will only do this infrequently and you can unsubscribe from these emails by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
World of Books may store and archive your information, this will take place in England. If you are or become a Registered Customer we will keep and use any personal information you submit to us in relation to your use of this Website for so long as you remain a Registered Customer and for at least 7 years afterwards, in order to deal with any consequent queries or complaints you may have.
Otherwise, your information will not be accessed again and it will remain secure. In any event, your personal information will be kept for no longer than is necessary.
How we protect your personal information
We are strongly committed to data security and we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information you provide to us.
However, while we strive to protect your personal information, due to the nature of the internet we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us. With this in mind, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information while you are on the internet.
If you register at worldofbooks.com.au - you are responsible for the protection of your log in details. Please do not share your log in details with anyone. No member of staff at World of Books will ever ask you for your password, so please do not disclose this information.
Updating your personal information
You are entitled to see the information held about you and to amend or update any inaccuracies in your personal information. Please note that we are entitled, if we so choose, to charge a £10 fee for providing you with access to your personal information. If you would like to review or update your personal information, and you are not able to do this through your Account Dashboard please Contact Us.
Terms and Conditions
Please take a moment to read the following Terms & Conditions. If there is anything you do not understand, then please contact email@example.com.
This website, located at www.worldofbooks.com.au, sells quality used books at competitive prices and is run by World of Books Pty Ltd, Kepdowrie Chambers, PO Box 881, Wahroonga, NSW, 2076, Australia.
1. Acceptance of these terms and conditions
IMPORTANT: By accessing and using this Website you will automatically be taken to have read, understood and accepted these Terms & Conditions. If there is anything you do not understand please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions please cease to access and use this Website, and where you are an Account Holder, inform email@example.com that you wish to close your Account.
2. This Website
This Website provides the facility for you to:
- purchase books.
- specify whether you wish to receive our newsletter.
- track your orders.
- tag products and create a wish list.
- submit reviews
- like us on Facebook or +1 us on Google.
In order to make use of most of these services you must become a registered user on our website (“Registered User”).
3. Website Availability and Content
While we use reasonable endeavours to ensure that this Website is generally available we make no representation or guarantees as to such availability.
We reserve the right to withdraw access to all or any part of this Website for periods of time in order to modify the content, for scheduled or unscheduled maintenance and for other purposes, without notice to you.
Since you will receive this Website via third party telecommunications networks, you acknowledge that we cannot guarantee that the availability of this Website will be uninterrupted or error free. Similarly it cannot guarantee that the transmission of any information over such telecommunications networks will be secure nor that you will be able to access this Website at all times.
We do not warrant that any data, information or other content provided on this Website, whether concerning any products or services or any other subject, is adequate, complete or accurate. You must make your own independent inquiries in order to verify the information.
IMPORTANT: this Website is therefore provided to you on an “as is” and “as and when available” basis, and your use of this Website is at your own risk.
4. Your use of the Website
You may only use this Website for lawful purposes in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
You must not use the Website in a way that does not comply with any laws applicable to you or that is in any way unlawful or fraudulent.
You must not impersonate any person, living or dead, or to use a false email address whilst creating an account and if we have reasonable grounds to believe this is the case we reserve the right to delete your account.
Any registered member may submit a review of a book to the Website. We will monitor all reviews before we publish them on the Website and will not publish any review which is, in our opinion, libellous, contains derogatory words or phrases, political messages or any other inflammatory messages. We reserve the right to moderate reviews, and will delete those deemed acceptable, either in their entirety or partially.
5. Suspension of Account
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and/or your access to all or any parts of this Website without notice to you, if it reasonably believes you have breached these Terms and Conditions.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
6. Our Rights
“World of Books”, “World of Books Ltd”, “Recycling Books on Behalf of Charity”, “Quality Books, Previously Read, Completely Green” and all images, logos, phrases, text and content are all registered and unregistered trademarks of World of Books Ltd. They may not be used, distributed or published without clear permission from us. World of Books logos, phrases or name may not be used in conjunction with the sale of any product sold by any third party without express written permission.
Any claims or copyright issues please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org. We will ensure any claim of intellectual property or copyright is dealt with as a matter of urgency and we will endeavour to ensure that both parties reach a satisfactory outcome.
The Copyright of this website belongs to World of Books Ltd: Copyright © 2005 – Present. All text, images, reviews, content, descriptions are subject to copyright and may not be used, copied or displayed on any other website, or offline without clear permission from World of Books. All content is protect under international copyright law.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties
We make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, security or timeliness of the content, information, products or services available from or provided by this Website. To the full extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties, representations, indemnities and guarantees with respect to this Website (including any products or services that may be available from or provided by this Website), that would otherwise be implied or imposed by statute, law, equity, trade custom, prior dealings or otherwise (including any implied warranty of merchantability, suitability, fitness for purpose, quiet enjoyment or non-infringement) are hereby expressly excluded. Furthermore, (a) you acknowledge and agree that neither we nor any person acting on our behalf has made any representation or other inducement to you to enter into these Terms and Conditions, except for representations or inducements expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions; and (b) you acknowledge and confirm that you are not entering into these Terms and Conditions in reliance on any representation or other inducement made by or on behalf of us, except for representations or inducements expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions.
From time to time this Website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
9. Problems, Returns and Refund Policy
If you are not satisfied with your order in any way, get in touch. We have an excellent customer service record and we will do our best to ensure you are pleased with your purchase. Please refer to our FAQs for details of our returns and refund policy.
10. Delivery Policy
Please refer to this page for details of our delivery policy.
11. Modifications to these Terms and Conditions
Your use of this Website and any dispute arising out of such use of the Website is subject to the laws of Australia.
13. World of Books Customer Service Team
You can contact the World of Books Customer Service Team by sending an e-mail message to: email@example.com
By writing to: World of Books Pty Ltd, Kepdowrie Chambers, PO Box 881, Wahroonga, NSW, 2076, Australia.
Or by calling: +44 (0)1903 507544